On Wednesday, Nov 27, 2002, at 18:57 Europe/London, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

Things to be decided:

1) the PMC chair. so far I'm the only person who volunteered. I'd be happy to accept that job. (hey, that would turn me into a vice-president of the foundation, wow :-)

I see little sense in anyone else being chair.
You are the one who seems to keep the community aspect most in mind .....

- o -

2) the list of PMC members.

My intention is to have a large PMC. Every active cocoon committer will have the chance to be in that PMC without requiring an election.

At the same time, I'd ask you people to consider partecipation at the PMC as a serious thing and step out *NOW* if you don't feel like you should be there.

Have you any more information as to what the role of PMC members is to be?
What are the responsibilities?

A PMC is the Project Management Commitee. As for ASF bylaws, the PMC is legally responsible of the oversight of the project and reports directly to the ASF board via its chair.

The PMC is responsible for *all* the codebases that it will host. Note that if the Cocoon PMC will host more codebases, *all* committers from all hosted codebases will be treated equal, this (and other ASF-wide communities) will hopefully avoid the jakarta-effect of internal fragmentation.

this sounds good

This is the list of the current active committers

<snip/>

Thanks for adding me.

regards Jeremy