Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> 1) Refactor the project-info.xml to split in several files contained >
> in the blocks themselves.
> Just like Eclipse plugin.xml files in their plugins, a plugin is
> installed by just dropping it in the plugins dir. Usecase: This will
> make it easy for me to maintain my JavadocSource block (or any
> (external) block for that matter), now I need to sync each time when
> project-info.xml changes ;-)

This is called for, I totally agree. I was going to tackle that problem
today, anybody against this?

is anything using that project-info.xml file or is just a left-over from
the old build system?

The build mechanism uses it to generate the build file; but I guess you know this

yes :)

- apart from that, I don't think so. Isn't this a gump descriptor?

I just made it became so. Previously it was just a copy and the real descriptor was in the jakarta-gump repository. Now, Gump picks it up from here so this means we have to keep it updated.

For me it looks totally confusing anyway.

I totally agree, even if the choice of separating blocks into their own gump projects makes it easier to obtain a clean cocoon run in Gump by lowering the dependency needs for the core (Sam, did we ever get a clean Cocoon2 gump build?)

So I'm +1 on removing it and
replacing it with per block-versions that use a better XML syntax.
For pluggable blocks we need this anyway.

Yes, completely.

Sam, is it possible to have Gump obtain a dynamically generated project descriptor? what would allow us to keep our block descriptors as we like and generate a gump descriptor dynamically.

Yes, I know that it doesn't change that often and that we could file it into the jakarta-gump repository at need, but I'm sure that people will forget to do it, or, even worse, update it by hand.

Suggestions?

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>