Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 28/02/2003 15.19:
Sam, is it possible to have Gump obtain a dynamically generated project descriptor? what would allow us to keep our block descriptors as we like and generate a gump descriptor dynamically.

We can make a Gump descriptor for each project, but it won't help the build. I kept it together to make it easier to make a single buildfile manage it. If we start splitting it, it will be a pain to manage. Take for example (again) Avalon Excalibur.

I've played with these permutations quite a lot, and I've come to the conclusion that each CVS module must have one descriptor.

When the blocks will be indipendent, and that means have their own set of committers, life, releases, etc, then we can make a separate descriptor.

If you build all together, keep a single descriptor. If you build based on released versions, you can split.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -