Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 28/02/2003 11.50:
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
 > 1) Refactor the project-info.xml to split in several files contained >
 > in the blocks themselves.
 > Just like Eclipse plugin.xml files in their plugins, a plugin is
 > installed by just dropping it in the plugins dir. Usecase: This will
 > make it easy for me to maintain my JavadocSource block (or any
 > (external) block for that matter), now I need to sync each time when
 > project-info.xml changes ;-)

This is called for, I totally agree. I was going to tackle that problem today, anybody against this?

is anything using that project-info.xml file or is just a left-over from the old build system?

It's the Gump descriptor.

Before, Gump used that directly to run, but then Sam wanted to tackle the compilation problems himself (thanks Sam :-) and copied it over to the Gump repo.

To keep the two in synch IMHO it should be only one, so I'd like to see ours being used for both Gump, the build, and jar check-update.

Refactoring the project-info.xml file requires a special block ant task, I'll try to make it more usable than the current (admittedly somewhat hacky) property-based solution.

Can you please expand on this?

-- Nicola Ken Barozzi [EMAIL PROTECTED] - verba volant, scripta manent - (discussions get forgotten, just code remains) ---------------------------------------------------------------------