Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> First, my feeling is that if there is a better syntax, I would like
>> to simply adopt it.  I don't care what the definition of better is:
>> technical, community, whatever.
>>
> So where is the right place to discuss the syntax? In short: Cocoon
> has many dependencies but the description for the dependencies is a
> little bit confusing (at least for me), and has some shortcommings.
> There is for example no common naming scheme for dependencies, so you
> can for example call fop either fop, or xml-fop or whatever you want.

I'd recommend the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list. But I am willing to discuss it anywhere. At the moment, the following is effectively the equivalent of an alias:

  <project name="jakarta-ant">
    <depend project="ant" inherit="jars"/>
  </project>

We could make this simpler with a new <alias/> tag that has the same effect. Thoughts?

- Sam Ruby