I would like to point out that the cocoon team has done a good job of
balancing feature requests with development release time. If what you need
is stable and mature software perhaps you'd like to consider using Cocoon
1.X series and see if it does what you need (which is what I did) while
features are completed and the code matures enough to meet your
requirements.

Or, more bluntly, use commercial software if it gives you the more stable
and usable system that you're looking for.

Once upon a time, "Steven Punte" was seen writting: