Who say the commercial software can be more stable
than open source??? I think We are talking software
development process.

If the cocoon team agree to make it beta forever, that
great.. look ICQ, always beta.. and still stable. So
for next release there will be cocoon 2-2b1, 2-3b2
etc..

I think the cocoon team will agree to finish the last
step, QA.. to make it more stable..or launch it.. I
think this cocoon 2-0 is stable enough.. and keep
update it.. like 2-0-1 etcc.

I am following the PHP4 Development, since Beta 1, and
In the day they launch PHP4 (amazing, after that the
php.net is full traffic)..the team wrote something
like this.. we launch the php4 because it is stable
enought, and after 1 year, there still an update.. But
several of the mailinglist member wrote: it is not
stable enought etc...bla..blaa.blaa.. you can read
their archive..

I think stable day is good for a milestone, for next
step of development. Except we agree to used it as
beta forever.

:)

Frans

--- Carlos Araya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would like to point out that the cocoon team has
> done a good job of
> balancing feature requests with development release
> time. If what you need
> is stable and mature software perhaps you'd like to
> consider using Cocoon
> 1.X series and see if it does what you need (which
> is what I did) while
> features are completed and the code matures enough
> to meet your
> requirements.
>
> Or, more bluntly, use commercial software if it
> gives you the more stable
> and usable system that you're looking for.
>
> Once upon a time, "Steven Punte" was seen writting:
>
> > I too agree with Roys' statements.  Stable
> software is
> > everything.  Otherwise Cocoon will just take it's
> > place as some interesting R&D project in the
> Software
> > Halls of History while another project, another
> firm,
> > deliveres a stable usable system to market that
> > becomes the standard.
> >
> >   Steve Punte

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: