Vadim,

Let me explain. I have worked with java servlets before, and used
several servlet engines such as jakarta tomcat and iplanet in the past.
The problem is not deploying these, but understanding specific
configurations which aren't well documented IMHO. It's been very recent
since I got into the XML technology (specifically with cocoon) so what
im really asking for is better sharing of knowledge amongst us...

Thanks for your help,
Vishal

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >
> > cocoon users,
> >
> > Im confused. I don't understand why my xml files have to be in the
> cocoon
> > directory e.g. ...webapps/cocoon/proj/file.xml
>
> <snip/>
>
> > Please help! I am desperate!
>
> Dear Vishal,
>
> As Sun employee you should teach everybody how to deploy web
> applications, were to put all the class files, etc. Now I see that you
> do not have even slightest understanding of how web applications are
> working. Before you ask other questions, please read specifications
> published on Sun's website:
>
> http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html
>
> Also, consider installing and learning one of the servlet engines
> available out there. Tomcat is among others available for free under:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/
>
> Regards,
> Vadim

Vishal Khatnani  -- x74287