Rob,

a GUI to help manage Cocoon is be hard to build... and, IMHO, of little use:
remember that Apache HTTP Server has no GUI, and it is wildly successful.

Maybe an automated installation procedure (like the Tomcat one) would be
more useful, but, again, it will be hard to build.

At the end of the day, a killer application could be a Content Management
System (which is well on its way).
The CMS will put a nice GUI on top on Cocoon and give you something to
deliver quickly to your boss... showing that Cocoon does work :)

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]