I understand your intentions of disconnecting flooders. I am just
suggesting that you use time stamps with your CLIENT_FLOOD threshold. So
that if a client's receive queue exceeds a certain amount of bytes in a
given period of time, then disconnect it.

That way the client can pace the amount of data it sends, without having
to do it heuristically.