> No offense, but User-Com (and Doc-Com, Script-Com, and the other -Com's that
> have in the past existed) aren't in the same "official"-ness realm as opers
> and CService.  So maybe it's best to limit the hostnames to opers,
> cs-helpers, cs-admins, and users.  Then we eliminate that pesky "is he or
> isnt he an official CService representative" crap.

Look, the ACCOUNT feature this is built on already adds 13 bytes or so per
user--at 100000 users, that's ~1.3M added to the memory footprint.  Adding
these kind of changes just makes things more difficult in terms of code,
even if we do it in a way that doesn't fill up memory.  I'm afraid it's not
really possible at this point.  Perhaps in the future, as we make other
changes to the protocol and the way ircd works, but I'm not really into the
vanity thing anyway.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>