Hello!

I am having troubles in completing my installation of irc on my sun machine. When I
try and run the daemon, I get the following error.

ERROR: do not run ircd setuid root. Make it setuid a normal user.

What does this mean, and how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Tara

Tara J Duvivier
Deutsche Bank
UNIX Core Infrastructure
O:646.324.3338
P:1488590@archwireless. net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender