Greetings.
We are trying to setup an IRC network using dynamic IP addresses and A
RRs updated automatically on IP changes (hostname.dynamic.net).
The connect blocks on the hubs for these dynamic hosts look like:

Connect {
 name = "country.example.net";
 host = "hostname.dynamic.net";
 password = "*****";
 port = 7998;
 class = "Server";
 autoconnect = yes;
 leaf;
};

A /quote stats c does list the dynamic IP server:

C country.example.net * 7998 65535 * Server

However when the IP changes for this hostname.dynamic.net and when the
IRC server on this host tries to connect to one of the hubs we get this
type of error on the hub side:

*** Notice -- Received unauthorized connection from country.example.net.

A /quote sconnect country.example.net from the hub generates:

*** Notice -- Server country.example.net connect DNS pending
*** Connection to country.example.net failed

A dig for the hostname.dynamic.net on the hub returns the correct IP
address.

We are running ircu2.10.12.10 but we can test without problems any patch
or alternative ircu version.
Is there any way to make this kind of setup work?

Thank you.

--
Digitally yours,
Florin Iamandi (Slippery)