On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:26 AM, Noel Butler wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I have used ircu for a decade, just upgraded our internal server from its
> <ashamed to say version> to current.
>
> When I rehash I get
> *** Notice -- Noel is rehashing Server config file
> *** Notice -- error creating socket for irc.server:4400: Address family not
> supported by protocol

Usually this means that you have an OS like FreeBSD that is not configured
to support IPv6.  The block for "services.int" is irrelevant; as the message
says, it is some port related to "irc.server".  If you have this kind of
declaration in your ircd.conf:

Port {
  server = yes;
  port = 4400;
};

then you can avoid the error by writing the third line as "port = ipv4
4400;".

Also, services usually (and srvx always) do not listen for incoming
connections.  You should not specify a port number in their Connect block,
because that makes ircu try to connect to them.

Entrope