On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 07:20 -0400, Entrope wrote:

>         *** Notice -- error creating socket for irc.server:4400:
>         Address family not supported by protocol
>
> Usually this means that you have an OS like FreeBSD that is not
> configured to support IPv6.  The block for "services.int" is

Ahh this would explain it, it's Slackware, and you're correct, ipv6 is
not configured/enabled as we have ipv6 upstream yet.

> irrelevant; as the message says, it is some port related to
> "irc.server".  If you have this kind of declaration in your ircd.conf:
>

> Port {
>   server = yes;
>   port = 4400;
> };
>

> then you can avoid the error by writing the third line as "port = ipv4
> 4400;".

 Changed, yet still produces this error, hrmm, but so long as it's not a
"real" error as such, I can live with it.

> Also, services usually (and srvx always) do not listen for incoming
> connections.  You should not specify a port number in their Connect
> block, because that makes ircu try to connect to them.

Thanks, removed, I was always a bit up in the air with those, glad to
see N: lines gone too, they only seem to duplicated C:
Thanks again for your help, greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Noel