abdessalems commented on PR #11727:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11727#issuecomment-5417359245

   @DanielLeens @davidzollo — thanks both, though I think you've pointed me in 
slightly different directions, and I'd rather ask than guess again.
   Daniel, you suggested landing this PR with just the getClassLoaders() guard 
and leaving the eviction and ownership work entirely to #11757. David, you'd 
prefer the ownership fix here — the tracker holding the TaskGroupContext it 
owns, with an identity-checked remove(location, ownedContext) — and #11757 
rebasing on top, and you said you wouldn't merge this without it since this PR 
is what makes taskDone() reliably reachable on the failure path.
   That last point makes sense to me, so unless Daniel objects I'll go with 
David's direction. I'd keep it tight: just the tracker-owned context and the 
identity-checked remove, plus a cross-generation regression test. I'd leave the 
broader teardown work — cancellationFutures, async functions, timer flush, the 
synchronized block — to #11757, since that's clearly the more complete design 
there.
   @waterWang — sorry for the overlap, it wasn't intentional. If it lands this 
way, #11757 would need a rebase on top of this. Happy to coordinate on where 
the line sits so we don't write the same thing twice, and if you'd rather keep 
the identity check on your side I'm fine with that too — just say and I'll 
leave it out here.
   Holding off on pushing until this is settled.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to