luozihen commented on PR #12015:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12015#issuecomment-5487038507

   @DanielLeens 
   Hi, I accidentally merged the upstream dev branch into my dev branch before 
opening this PR (commit hash: [2acb55a048d0347c285319e39ef76cf55d252213]). This 
caused the CI tests to fail because of the upstream code, while my own changes 
are fully tested and working.
   
   Since this merge commit has already been pushed, I'd like to ask for your 
preferred way to fix this:
   
   Safe way (Revert): I can run git revert -m 1 [hash] and push normally. This 
will add a revert commit to cancel the upstream changes and pass the CI, but it 
leaves a revert commit in history.
   
   Clean way (Rebase): I can drop that merge commit via interactive rebase and 
force push, but it will rewrite the remote history.
   
   I'm leaning towards option 1 to avoid force-push issues. Please let me know 
your preference. Sorry for the noise!


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to