SEZ9 commented on PR #12152:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12152#issuecomment-5707379369

   @CryoThrust thanks for spelling out the ordering — that's the part I wanted 
to see, and it's the right way round. Dispatching `handleCoordinatorError` 
first and only completing `checkpointCoordinatorFuture` directly if that second 
dispatch is also rejected keeps the `isDone()` first gate meaningful; 
completing the future up front would turn the handler into a no-op and skip 
cancellation, which is the outcome we already ruled out. Running the fallback 
on a shared daemon single-thread pool that `clearCoordinatorService()` cannot 
shut down addresses the original F1 concern. I'm happy with F1 as described in 
`4f5a779a1`.
   
   One thing I'd still like to confirm for F2 (test coverage): you mentioned 
both points landed in `4f5a779a1` and posted the test count after the sync onto 
`b37af3a9b`. Could you point me at (or briefly describe) the assertions that 
cover (a) the error actually propagating and the coordinator future completing 
once the busy executor is released, and (b) the rejection path — primary 
executor rejected → handler still runs on the fallback, and double rejection → 
future completed directly? From the count alone I can't tell which of those are 
asserted.
   
   Once that's confirmed I think this is ready.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1103 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to