DanielLeens commented on PR #12152:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12152#issuecomment-5846262608

   Thanks @SEZ9 — you can skip that re-confirmation, I already ran it. My 
review on `0a4b61553` earlier (Sep 24) was a full from-scratch re-check of 
exactly this: I re-traced the test bodies and the fallback dispatch ordering 
against the current head rather than reusing our earlier notes, and F1 and F2 
are both resolved there. Concretely:
   
   - `testCheckpointErrorReportDoesNotRunOnCallerThread` positively asserts 
delivery via `Mockito.verify(checkpointManager, 
Mockito.timeout(5000)).handleCheckpointError(eq(1), eq(false))` after the busy 
executor is released — that's F2(a).
   - `testCheckpointErrorReportCompletesFutureWhenExecutorRejects` and 
`testCheckpointErrorReportRejectionStillReachesCancellationOffCallerThread`, 
both built on an already-`shutdownNow()`-ed primary executor, cover F1/F2(b): 
the future still un-parks a `.join()`/`.get()` waiter, and the handler still 
runs (off the caller thread) via the fallback dispatch. 
Dispatch-before-complete ordering is correct, so the `isDone()` guard stays 
meaningful.
   
   The only things still open are two non-blocking follow-ups I flagged that 
round: the double-rejection last-resort branch 
(`CheckpointCoordinator.java:585-604`) isn't exercised by any test and is 
currently unreachable in production since nothing shuts down the static 
fallback executor, and if it's ever reached it records the wrong exception 
message at line 597. Neither should hold up this PR — they're fine as a fast 
follow-up alongside #12342, as we already discussed.
   
   So from a code standpoint I have nothing further blocking. The one open item 
is CI: the `Build` check on this exact head is still the same completed run I 
dereferenced last round (fork run `35681392273`), with 3 failures that don't 
touch `CheckpointCoordinator.java` — a `unit-test` Maven Central connectivity 
flake, two pre-existing `engine-v2-it` races already tracked in #12316/#12313 
and #12311, and a `kafka-connector-it` container-teardown network flake. The 
branch is now 22 commits behind `dev`, so @CryoThrust, whenever convenient, a 
sync plus a fresh run would let us close this out with a clean (or 
confirmed-unrelated) result rather than relying on the Sep 22 run. Once that's 
up I'm ready to approve.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to