SEZ9 commented on PR #12605:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12605#issuecomment-6007970744

   Thanks @SEPURI-SAI-KRISHNA, and sorry for the delay here.
   
   **COALESCE / `BigDecimal` test.** Using `18446744073709551616` is a good 
choice: since `longValue()` on it yields `0`, it is the input that separates an 
exact bound check from a check-after-widening, and asserting that property up 
front keeps the test from silently becoming a no-op. Once the push is up, 
please leave a one-line note here and I'll review the test in the diff.
   
   **`longValue()` contract.** I did note at `5eb6a8ca9bb` that the 
`BigDecimal`/`BigInteger` branches go through the `BigInteger` bound 
comparison. I'll confirm against the current head that `longValue()` is still 
confined to the Byte/Short/Integer/Long branch and that the old "guaranteed not 
to have wrapped" wording is gone, then resolve it.
   
   **Error code.** The consistency argument is reasonable; if 
`UNSUPPORTED_OPERATION` is the only code used by the neighbouring function 
classes, I would not want this one branch to differ. I'm fine deferring a 
data-oriented code to a separate change. I'll check the message emitted on the 
COALESCE/IFNULL path in the diff to confirm it no longer refers to `CAST`.
   
   **Docs.** The reworded CAST note you quoted (naming the four rejecting 
targets, omitting `BIGINT`, with `CAST(3000000000 AS INT)` as the example) plus 
the follow-up link in the incompatible-changes entry is what I asked for at 
`c5b287cc5`. I'll verify the text on both pages in the diff and resolve.
   
   **Javadoc.** Could you point me to the commit where the `numberToInt` 
Javadoc was trimmed to describe the current contract (inputs, range check, 
exception) rather than the before/after history? If it was `5eb6a8ca9`, I'll 
check there.
   
   After the test push I'll do a final pass over the diff at the new head; I 
expect this to be close to ready.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1541 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to