It seems like there is overwhelming support for enabling the github
integration, so I went ahead and filed the infra ticket
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/agent/INFRA/issue/INFRA-10690>.

This is explicitly not changing the way that we commit on Hadoop and
commits should be squashed and rebased rather than merged on to the master
branch. If you want to close a pull request with a commit, just add a line
at the end of the commit message that says:

closes apache/hadoop#123

If someone else wants to setup gerrit, we can evaluate it. However, I am
skeptical that it would be so much better than Github that it would be
worth making people learn a new tool.

Thanks,
   Owen