I was asked by our IT folks if we can put hadoop name nodes storage using a
shared disk storage unit.  Does anyone have experience of how much IO
throughput is required on the name nodes?  What are the latency/data throughput
requirements between the master and data nodes - can this tolerate network
routing?

Did anyone published any throughput requirement for the best network setup
recommendation?

Thanks!
Jonathan

proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.