On Aug 1, 2011, at 4:57 PM, Michael Segel wrote:

> Forget about losing a NN or a Rack, but just losing connectivity between data
> centers. (It happens more than you think.)

        Someone somewhere :) told me that when a certain local government was
short on cash, network connectivity to their company's data center in that
country would suddenly drop.  As soon as funds were made available in the form
of donations to local charities, the data center would suddenly, miraculous be
back on line.

        I'm sure it was just coincidence.