From: jonathan.hw...@accenture.com [mailto:jonathan.hw...@accenture.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:09 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Hadoop cluster network requirement

I was asked by our IT folks if we can put hadoop name nodes storage using a
shared disk storage unit.  Does anyone have experience of how much IO
throughput is required on the name nodes?  What are the latency/data
throughput requirements between the master and data nodes - can this
tolerate network routing?

Did anyone published any throughput requirement for the best network setup
recommendation?

Thanks!
Jonathan

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.