> > case? A facade is meant to behave roughly the same across
> > toolkits and it is
> > easy enough to make it do so ;)

Wouldn't that have a caveat of: Without hiding the functionality of the
toolkits? So it provides a common functionality, but also allows a common
way for extra functionality to pass through? a la JNI or passing an Object
instead of a String.

> I am not against this Peter.  However, Object has a toString(), but a
> method that only takes Strings is a bit limiting.  I am just playing
> devils advocate here.   I have used loggers for quite a while and have
> yet to log something other than a String or a String plus an Exception.

I've not been using it for long, but an SQLWarning is one useful
thing I've logged specially with its own Renderer.

I would also be tempted to add an ExceptionRenderer as log.error(e)
doesn't print out a stack-trace, but I imagine I'm missing a configuration
option somewhere.

Bit of an aside, sorry.