On 1/29/02 3:56 PM, "Waldhoff, Rodney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> you may want to consider making the parameters
>> Strings not objects. They were made strings so that
>> you could render objects with Log4j. No other logging
>> toolkit does this. Thus if this is allowed/used you are
>> directly binding to Log4j anyway - why not use Log4j
>> directly in that case?
>
> What's it hurt to leave Objects in there? String.valueOf(object) is easy
> enough to do, and it supports the richer functionality provided by log4j.
> Why go out of our way to restrict functionality that's otherwise trivial to
> support?

Is there other 'richer' functionality in other logging systems that you may
want to support also?

I see peters point, although I am suspicious of his motivation :)

(And I see your point too...)

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting