--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> IO is sounding like the place then. Lance, are you the main live
> author of
> the http stuff? I see your name on RequestUtils and know you've at
> least
> delved into BrowserDetector. Are you in favour of IO?

Fine by me.  I'd rather hoped that the existence of RequestUtils would
inspire additions to it, which hasn't happened (perhaps it isn't
necessary?).  To answer the earlier question, the "header" stuff could
be done simply with a case-insensitive comparision due to different
containers using either "-" or "_" to seperate header names.

I now see that the case-changing work should be unnecessary (as the
HttpServletRequest.getHeader(String) javadoc says "The header name is
case insensitive"), but I must have run into cases where this was not
true.  At one point I was dealing with 4 different containers, and at
least one of them wasn't playing nice.