I've been lurking around the package discussion and I'd like to put in a
good word for a separate servlet package.  When I started poking around
commons, I too was a bit surprised that there were not more
servlet-related additions.  In the past couple of days I been cleaning
up some of my servlet helper methods, and was trying to figure out a
good place to propose them.  I was trying to get up the nerve to propose
a servlet package when this whole discussion fired off.

I don't think servlet-related helpers belong in IO.  To use Bayard's
criteria, mine don't throw IOException or take  OutputStream.

> earlier question, the "header" stuff could be done simply
> with a case-insensitive comparision due to different
> containers using either "-" or "_" to seperate header names.

Steven Caswell