On 4/16/02 9:00 AM, "Tomasz Pik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>>> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>> Two problems that appears during using of JJar:
>>> 1 there soluld be a possibility to specify full url to jar file
>>> (maybe something like xml:base)
>
>> Also, when you say 'full URL to JAR file' where do you mean?
>

> As I remember it was impossible to specify:
>
> <jar>file://somewhere/in/filesystem/file1.jar</jar>
>
> <jar>http://somewhere.over.the.net/file2.jar</jar>
>
> All files were loaded as thery are located in the
> same directory as 'repository.xml' or in sub(+)directory
> of this directory.

Ah, right.  There is no reason why not, I suppose.

I guess the thinking was that each project could own it's jjar repo/entry to
distribute the load around rather than centralize it, so you wouldn't go
leaping to 'other places' but get the jar from the same place as the repo
descriptor.  However, I guess that restriction isn't really valid.  And that
doesn't account for the need for the file: URL as well.

> Tomek
>

> --

Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting

The cost of synchronization is much less that the cost of stupidity.