>  from:    Victor Volle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >  from:    Victor Volle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Do we need Clazz at all?
> > > What is the difference between Clazz (Bean) and MetaClass?
> > > What is Clazz (Bean) responsible for?
> >
> > In the JDK the parallel is Class vs Object. In [beanutils] the parallel is
> > DynaClass vs DynaBean. Its the instantiated object. Thus Class or Clazz is
> > a bad name for it. Object, Instance or Bean are better names.
>
> But what is the Instance responsible for? With DynaBeans I understand
> that but in this context I still do not understand, what "Instance"
> is responsible for or what the use cases are.

It performs the same role as the DynaBean class. It allows a wrapper to classes of
various types to be created, and used to access the data. Thus from a 'Bean' you have
methods such as getMetaBean, getFieldMap and getOperationList.

> > Problem with Field is that it is the same as reflection. I really want to
> > avoid that as it will make the API much more complex to use (needing to
> > qualify class names)
>
> Oh, agreed. But then it should be (Meta)Attribute and we need
> to find some better name for the MetaData stuff. Just brainstorming:
>
>    aspect, dimension, extension, domain, ...

But why not use 'Property' then the name clash doesn't arise?

Stephen