Ooopss, really?  just one per each project?
Hmmm.. only putting classes in the sub packages?
I haven't known that...  :(     And, I think, that's so not reasonable
and inconvient to add just a few or several classes for my current use.

If so, could you please point it out where I can find those rules?

This is the only link I have for that type of information:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/index.html
I still think a subpackage in httpclient is a reasonable solution.

Actually, my purpose for HttpClient was just to support correct URI
encoding mechanism in general and to adapt those thingys....
(I mean I haven't been not interested in improving HttpClient,
because, I believe, it's going  forward well by you guys... )

Right, with your help it has. But having a few related classes that "support correct URI encoding" still suits your personal goals and fits the vision for HttpClient as well.
-jsd