> i think it would be better to invite the 'customers' to work together ...

Well, yes, of course. But given that they are reluctant to the idea in the first place
or have other things that are more important to them right now, and based upon the
assumption that you have a personal itch doing something.

Personally, I have this itch to scratch, where I need both XMLization of beans and
configuration. The thing is that the configuration should be able to change
programmatically as a result of an admin type doing things with the running
application.

Should I check out JXPath and Betwixed to see if there is something to grab?

/O