Makes the roles so far [as a kind of semi-STATUS.html]

CalendarUtils/DateUtils - Sean Schofield

These need thought and whittling down.

ImprovedSimpleDateFormat - Stephen Colebourne (?)

This should be based from a class submitted to JODA.

Interested Parties

Eric Pugh
Christopher Reck
Jakarta Ant [original developers of DateUtils]
Dmitri Plotnikov [original developer of CalendarUtils]

Decisions to be made:

Whether to move code into org.apache.commons.lang.time at a later date.

Other ideas:

DateRange? Holder for two dates.
StopWatch. Time recording code in Jakarta Util [I've a bit I'd like to add
to it] that needs a home.

Sounds good. A few other points ...

Hen has a good point about the naming of DateUtils. The current DateUtils might be more appropriately names DateFormatUtils. I need some more time to examine the current ___Utils classes before I can say for sure.

Under the "other ideas" section I would add a "time sync" feature (as an idea, not necessarily that it should definitely go in) so that you could call a static function to recalibrate the sytem time (ex. if the user's pc thinks its Dec 1 and its really Dec 8) and then another static function to get the "adjusted" current time.

- sean