Great, I will take a look at the original DateFormat class in Joda...
I guess this will take care of my needs (I already had a quick glance
at the Joda classes in the past).

Thanks,
Christoph

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Please lets find the original DateFormat class submitted to Joda (or you can search the Joda archives on sf.) The original version WAS a simple single class that replicated SimpleDateFormat but thread safe. It came from the Tea web system (Brian O Neill).

Once in Joda it got rewritten and expanded to provide more functionality.

Stephen

from:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
date:    Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:15:52
to:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
subject: Re: [lang] DateUtils

If my time allows I will take a ditch on it. I will search for
some examples to see if someone has taken the right approach,
otherwise I will take the SimpleDateFormat APIdoc specification
and start from there. But my time scale for this would be at
present about a month... Anyone out there with the same itch
but more urgent?

Is there someone that believes we should use javacc or antlr
grammars for the format string? Or should I write a hand parser
(I've done this many times before) to do the parsing and
formatting?

We should include several format strings for the standards
(ISO, IEEE, some RFCs, etc.). The JDK classes could still
be used for the locale specific formating.

Is this fine?

--
:) Christoph Reck

Sean Schofield wrote:

3) createDateFormat( ) should return our new thread-safe DateFormat (maybe this will be an inner class for now?)
1

Christoph,

Earlier you expressed interest in taking the lead on the new SimpleDateFormat. Do you want to go ahead with that? If so, lets square away the details (class name, package, etc.) Also, you may want to check with Stephen who had mentioned he be willing to help.

- sean

:) Christoph Reck