One would have an encodeChunked, but there would be no need for a
decodeChunked.  Whitespace is discarded in base64 data regardless of the
original encoding scheme.

For 1.1, it looks like a consensus is developing for a Base64 with two
functions, one chunked and one not chunked.  The discussions for 2.0 are
open.  Let me add another possibility.

Base64 is well understood just as a general encoding scheme outside of RFC
2045 MIME.   RFC 2045 MIME adds a further requirement that the content be
put into 76 character chunks.  Past 1.1 we could also talk about Base64.java
providing the core "base64" encoding, and MIMEBase64.java extending Base64
and adding "pre" and "post" processing to the algorithm.

--------
Tim O'Brien