On Friday, February 14, 2003, at 03:27 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Jeffrey Dever wrote:

Hmmm, so even though www.apache.org and jakarta.apache.org are served
from the same physical machines, we are to keep two binary and source
repositories up to date with new releases? Why isn't one just a softlink
of the other?
+1. I've not done a release since the mirroring thing, but it seems
painful. Has the deployment documentation been updated for projects? I
tend to dutifully follow both the Commons and Taglibs deployment routines.

Other than a symlink, why not just cron a copy somehow.
i was considering updating the release documentation but really a discussion about release procedures is probably in order first. i'll volunteer to update them afterwards if a consensus forms.

for the latest releases i've cut, i've added them only to the mirrored directories. i've also also tried to follow the apache mirroring guidelines. i've added instructions to the commons release directory telling people to obtain them through the mirrors. the reason why i haven'
t added them to the commons directory is that i want to encourage downloads from mirrors since this reduces the strain on the apache infrastructure.

- robert