On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 14:55, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> what i had in mind was people with knowledge of existing algorithms (like
> Al Chou and David Neuer) keeping an eye on the source and alerting us to
> anything that seems too similar to existing implementations. IMHO what
> would be ideal would be for volunteers to check our implementations
> against the most common copyrighted implementations to make sure they are
> not strikingly similar.

In this spirit, I'm currently checking Gamma.java against NR in C, 2nd
Edition.  (And I don't anticipate finding any infringement at all), but,
in my mind, it is essential for each committer to have the
responsibility of making sure all submitted code is original - checking
an implementation against a copyrighted material with full disclosure
from a contributor.  We're getting close to a policy here.

Tim