This may be the "correct solution" in some of your eyes, but it is far too much overhead for most programmers who want to use logging. If my database server is down or the logging directory can not be found when I want to log something, my application code is not the right place to handle that.MyMethodUsesLogging has no business handling those exceptional cases. I think a RuntimeException is most appropriate here.

Juozas Baliuka wrote:

I think this logging example was a good one:

void MyMethodUsesLogging()throws MyException{
 try{

log.info("started");

}catch(LoggingException e){

throw new MyExeption(e);