FYI, I've requested that the maven folks add/update:

1) commons-collections-SNAPSHOT.jar
2) commons-collections-20031027.jar
3) commons-collections-testframework-SNAPSHOT.jar

in the repository (see <http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-971>)

and also that they add commons-primitives-SNAPSHOT.jar to the repository
(see <http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-972>).

Once commons-primitives and commons-collections-testframework are
available via maven, we can deprecate the commons-collections versions to
point to the new locations, and once again update the
commons-collections-SNAPSHOT to the deprecated versions.  At that point
we should be free to proceed with a release of either or both components,
as far as I can tell.