On 9 Nov 2003, at 22:07, Mark R. Diggory wrote:

Darn it, I just got done making all those little edits to hrefs and the bugzilla! ;-)

not a problem. they'll do just fine as they are :)

there's not reason why users should be bothered by the change (see below).

1.) Plausible, I understand though that Apache Commons is under subversion, will this be a challenge to migrate to?

subversion is (by all accounts) very, very cool. everyone here at apache will be using it sooner or later. those nice people over at apache commons will allow commons-maths to use cvs initially (if that's what's needed) but it'd probably be worthing thinking about making the jump straight away.

2.) How will we relate to Jakarta Commons? certainly we may have dependencies on parts of the commons, but doesn't this leave little room for jakarta commons components to utilize math as a dependency as they are generally expected to be dependent on only other jakarta commons projects.

commons-maths will still be part of jakarta-commons :)

it'll only be managed by the apache-commons pmc.

best of both worlds :)

- robert