On 11 Nov 2003, at 12:38, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

On Sunday, November 9, 2003, at 10:52 PM, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

Regarding separate DEV list -- as I said in my earlier comments, that's totally
up to the MATH developers if they want it or not. The fact that it might make
my life easier certainly isn't binding. Note also that the httpclient guys
were not pushed out; they deliberately chose to have a separate DEV list.
That's the way it should work -- being up to the developers involved.

+1

IIRC though httpclient voted to leave, the rest of us applied a *lot* of pressure. i don't think that they would have left without that kind of arm-twisting.

- robert