From: John Keyes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 12:51 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [lang][codec] Sanity checking a client project build

> I'll start this topic on [lang] and [codec] only since I am active
> here.
>
> I am considering adding to the unit test suite of /my/ project the
> unit tests of 3rd party libraries. Why do this? As a simple sanity
> check. Our project uses [lang], [codec], [pool], [cli], [collections],
> Xerces, Xalan. I
> would like the confidence added to /my/ project, that all of these
> pieces
> are working as advertised and that no side effects exists.

Do you require the tests for your OS to make sure it works as
advertised?
I think you're being a bit paranoid as you should only depend on
*released*
code not on any dev or snapshot builds.

-John K

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart
Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited.
Unauthorized use of information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal
prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete
this message immediately.