I agree with all of your responses, I was being a bit paranoid ;-)

What about Java versions: 1.2 vs 1.3 vs 1.4? Hopefully a released component
has been tested on all. Perhaps this should be part of the release
procedure: "Make sure the build runs on JDK a, b, and c". I am not sure we
have such a guarantee, at least it is not advertised in the release notes or
on the web presence for a component: "These unit tests pass on JRE a, b, and
c"-type of statement. Sometimes we catch a 1.4 API call in [lang] and we
clean that up, good. But what about 1.3 vs 1.2? Far fetched perhaps but it
would be good to know for sure.

Thanks for your patience, :-)
Gary