> What about jakarta-commons-sandbox projects?  Note that there is potential
> for a name overlap problem, e.g. jakarta-commons [myproject] and
> a jakarta-commons-sandbox [myproject]

That is something we would have to address when naming the project.
Personally, unless a sandbox project is related to a commons project,
perhaps untested components, it would not make sense to allow
commons-sandbox projects to have a naming collision with commons projects,
since the former are supposed to eventually become the latter.

        --- Noel