Tim O'Brien wrote:
How does the group feel about axing StatCVS reports from Jakarta Commons entirely. They are a rendering nightmare (takes too long), and they encourage metric gather that is not entirely helpful. Does it really matter that psteitz is a 7% committer, and that scole... is a 40% committer. Are we racing?

The StatCVS report for commons-collections takes an ungodly amount of time to run. I always comment it out in my local copy when I make any updates. I'd be +1 to getting rid of it for this reason.

I do, however, like the information that it presents. I don't think we're racing -- but it is informative to see the amount of contribution from different committers. We're already getting rid of @author tags -- so it's becoming harder to distinguish one project committer from another.

This may go against the Apache philosophy, but I do *not* think that all committers on a project are equal. I think that those who do more of the work should have more weight -- and that's usually the way it works out anyway.