Oops. jakarta-commons-sandbox/proposal is effectively the same thing for
the old style, so we should integrate it in.

Additionally, it's high time we decided what parts of PROPOSAL,
RELEASE-NOTES and STATUS are needed for a mavenised commons project.

RELEASE-NOTES could be replaced by changes.xml and the changes plugin.
STATUS?

PROPOSAL still seems necessary, and we should move it into
xdocs/proposal.xml with a few parts removed/linked.

I'll think further on this.

Hen