Some more questions:

<roles>  Is this pointless? It's always 'Java Developer', unless we switch
to ASF positions [PMC, Committer, Member], which should really be in a
different file. Really we need a members.xml file that sits outside of the
pom and is linked in. ie) something like:
http://jakarta.apache.org/~bayard/pergamum/j-c/member-roles.xml

Obviously something I need to take over to Maven.

<organization>  Also pointless? ie) this should really always be ASF and
not <insert-your-job-here> ?

Hen