On 7 Mar 2004, at 18:16, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

I've tried out the release candidate that Craig has put together. Here are my comments and observations:

<snip>

- I get the following error when I run ant dist, on sources from cvs-HEAD. I've used jdk 1.4.2_03 on WinXP with ant 1.5.4, 1.6.0 and 1.6.1. Since Craig succeded in building a release candidate, I guess that there's something wrong at my end.
javadoc:
[mkdir] Created dir: C:\cvs\jakarta-commons\logging\dist
[mkdir] Created dir: C:\cvs\jakarta-commons\logging\dist\docs
[mkdir] Created dir: C:\cvs\jakarta-commons\logging\dist\docs\api
[javadoc] Generating Javadoc
[javadoc] Javadoc execution
[javadoc] javadoc: Illegal package name: "IS BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.-->"

weird. what you can see is supposed to be an invisible footer giving the license for the javadocs.

i've just tried to replicate using Standard Doclet version 1.4.2_03 on macOSX but i get no problems. maybe i'll find time to fire up my linux development box and see what happens on there.

- robert