Hi Robert,

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 07:46, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> i quite like author tags for aesthetic reasons :)
>
> the reason why i favour including a link is that (judging from the
> volume of personal email i've received from users over the years) there
> are still quite a few users who don't know how to find the existing ASF
> resources. i'm not really sure whether i prefer the link targeting the
> jakarta mail page, the jakarta commons page or the main jakarta page,
> though.

How exactly are these users finding your personal email address? If it
is through a personal @author tag within the source code, then that will
no longer happen :-). Will this resolve your concern on this topic?

Personally, I have no sympathy for java developers who are looking at a
source code file containing the apache licence and the package
declaration "org.apache.commons.digester" and still can't find the main
website. I think we're probably better off without them!

I'm not trying to push anybody one way or the other; I don't care too
much, except that we have to resolve this one way or the other in order
to get a release out the door.

I guess if there isn't an obvious consensus, then we need a vote?

On a separate issue, is there a BeanUtils release anywhere in the near
future? It would be great to release Digester with the new BeanUtils and
therefore no dependency on Collections.

Regards,

Simon