Anything wrong with the idea of including commons-build with every source
distro?

I'm all in favour of attempting to enforce similarity on the Commons
projects. Anything which is unable to follow the same build pattern is
dubious of having a place in Commons in my view. Possibly Maven needs to
be better on the inheritence side, but why not standardise on src/java
rather than src/share [or vice versa..personally I hate src/share].

That way, and with increasing creation of scripts/plugins, commons
development can be about the component, not the build system, site, naming
conventions, additional tools etc.

To release Commons Xxxx, I want to do:   maven jk-commons:release -Dalpha
I don't want to spend lots of time figuring out all the little bits. This
is a lot of the hold up for me with releasing IO, I've just not had time
to get back up to speed with the changes to the commons build process over
the last year. [Plus I'm not sure my PGP things work on the new machine as
I don't really get PGP :)]

maven jk-commons:new-component would be nice too, and a whole lot of other
ones.

[rambling of someone who is currently nothing but a disapointment to
commons at the moment]

Hen